Fire Damage Claim – Beware of Secondary Damage
Fire Damage Claims are not easy to assess as there is often secondary damage, not directly caused by the fire.
Secondary damage can be caused by:
- The soot from the fire, which can contain substances that cause corrosion on metal surfaces.
- Holes in the roof or windows can cause intrusion of water and result in water damage.
- The water and other fire extinguishing agents used by a fire brigade can cause structural or other damage.
- Smoke damage to your walls and ceilings can be a vexing problem and is extremely unpleasant to clean.
These damages are frequently omitted by business owners in their claims and the repairs have to be covered out of their own pockets.
Insurance Claim Solutions are experts at handling Fire Damage Claims
If you suffered from fire damage, call us immediately. We know what to do and we will be at your side every step of the way. The sooner we know about it, the better the chances of a successful outcome. We will advise you immediately of the steps you need to take (or avoid), in order to get full compensation.
Insurance Claim Solutions Claim Adviser will:
- tell you what to do first, so you won’t invalidate your insurance claim
- read and interpret the small print in your policy, so you will know exactly what you are entitled to claim for
- take relevant photographs to document the damages
- assess the damages to your premises, fixtures and fitting
- assess the damages to equipment and furnishings
- if the fire affected your business, we will calculate the loss due to business interruption
- help you source the right contractors to clean up the debris and restore your property
- help you get quotes for clean-up, treatment, restoration and replacement of your property damaged by fire, smoke or actions of the fire brigade
- complete all paperwork and file it with your insurers on your behalf
- meet with your insurer’s Loss Adjuster and make sure that all damages have been looked at and properly assessed
- keep tab on the insurer’s progress with processing the claim and keep you informed
- negotiate final settlement
- follow up on speedy pay out
We take this hassle off your hands, so you can concentrate on rescuing what’s left of your business. We are also usually able to negotiate a much higher settlement figure than you ever could by yourself. Have a look at what our clients have to say about our services.