Huge Tractors, Giant Combines and Flashing Beacons can mean only one thing, its that time of year again, late summer when Irish Farmers set about harvesting their summer crops and transporting them to bulk storage in preparation for drying.
Grain dryer fires are one of the most significant risks a grain handling operation can face. The devastating results of a fire can include death, serious injury, financial loss, property damage, business interruption and production downtime.
ICS deal with a number of these type of agricultural fires every year, and we’ve become very knowledgeable about the circumstances that give rise to and increase the risk of a fire breaking out in the first instance.
We’ve put together a few simple tips that can help reduce the risk of fire to your Grain Dryer;
- Get your drying equipment regularly serviced by a competent engineer/Supplier.
- Check thermostats, temperature settings and automatic shut-off devices, and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- All surfaces on which dust, grain or other materials can collect should be cleaned out regularly- Records should be maintained, and checklists should be followed.
- Keep the area around the dryer clear of grain and other combustible material.
- Keep the airflow to the furnace free from dust, chaff and straw.
- Don’t leave plant running unattended for extended periods.
- ‘No smoking’ rules must be strictly enforced.
- Allow the dried grain to cool to ambient temperature prior to any further processing or storage – this will reduce the chance of self-heating.
- Make sure that staff know how to isolate equipment and what to do in the event of a fire- Correct training
- Suitable fire extinguishers should be available to fight any fire (Class B rated for oil-fired furnaces and CO2 for electrical equipment).
- Have the address, postcode and grid reference of the grain dryer location to hand, in case you need to call emergency services.
- Make a farm emergency plan to assist the emergency services – list the hazards, water supplies and access details.
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer damage and want expert help and representation from a Major and Complex loss Property Claim Expert, call Trevor Kelly on 0863571713 for immediate assistance and advice.
My name is Trevor Kelly. I am highly experienced Public Loss Assessor and Insurance Claims Expert. I can take away the stress of dealing with the insurers, help you assess the damage, prepare your claim and make sure that you get a full compensation for your loss. FREE, no obligation on site assessment of your claim.
Call our 24 hour emergency number 086 357 1713, or request a call back by entering your details below.
Dear Trevor, as promised, a few words for your website to show our great appreciation for all you have done for us…. We are more than happy with the care and attention you gave our case: we are overjoyed. A kitchen fire with smoke damage in ever… Read more
Trevor Kelly acted as our Insurance Loss Assessor and looked after the insurance claim for my elderly parents house when it was flooded. He was excellent every step of the way, knowledgeable about work required, communication excellent, always return… Read more
Flood Damage Claim: We appointed Insurance Claim Solutions as our claims assessors and were absolutely delighted with the outcome. ">Read more…
Speedy Claims Resolution: Trevor is a qualified building surveyor and as such knows what to look for with regards to things like ‘unseen’ damage. Read more…
We have been able to work in partnership with Trevor over the past few months. His professional yet personal approach to insurance claims ensures that his clients receive an excellent service and the best out come to their insurance claim. His experi… Read more
I have dealt with Trevor on a number of occasions and have always found him to be great to deal with, on the ball and looks after anything I’ve asked him to do. I would be very happy to recommend Trevor and his company, Insurance Claim Solutions…… Read more
Leaking Shower, Water Damage Claim Testimonial | I first met Trevor Kelly while he was working for another company and before he went into business on his own. He had given me his card and telephone number at that time. Subsequently when I had proper… Read more
Trevor provides an excellent service and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to potential clients.
Trevor Kelly has done work for me as a Loss Assessor on three separate occasions; five years ago, two years ago and just this last Christmas I had a leak in the radiator because of the frost damage. Prior to that there had been storm damage to the r… Read more
My beauty salon was broken into there was significant damage to my premises and theft of expensive equipment and products needed to run my business. I have been proprietor of my business for 14years and never had any kind of incident. It was f… Read more
Insurance Claim Solutions
Golf Rd, Rush, Co. Dublin
Mobile: 086 357 1713 Phone : 01 870 9210
We are registered as Public Loss Assessors and fully regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland